English is a much-loved language in many countries around the world and India is one of them. Although English is not the main language in the country still a very large number of people communicate with each other using the English language.
We believe English has become an universal language and its everywhere, whether its your phone, computer or smartwatch. English is the default language in almost all the devices. And there is a reason for that.
So why English is so popular in the world? Well, we can have a good argument about that, but what we think is ― there are lots of beautiful words in English language that usually attract most of us. And we are going to learn more about them.
READ NEXT: 5 WORST DECISIONS THAT DESTROY PEOPLE’S LIFE
British Council had revealed once some most beautiful English words and we just collected 30 most effective amongst them just for you. We hope you’ll like it.
30 MOST BEAUTIFUL ENGLISH WORDS
1. Mother – a female in relation to a child.
2. Love – an intense feeling of deep affection.
3. Smile – amused expression.
4. Passion – strong and barely controllable emotion.
5. Hope – a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen.
6. Destiny – a certain event that happens to a person or a thing in the future.
7. Eternity – infinite or unending time.
8. Rainbow – an arch of colors visible in the sky.
9. Blossom – a mass of flowers.
10. Tranquillity – the quality or state of being tranquil; calm.
11. Gorgeous – beautiful; very attractive.
12. Enthusiasm – intense and eager enjoyment.
13. Bliss – perfect happiness, great joy.
14. Serendipity – the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
15. Sophisticated – having, revealing, or involving a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.
16. Hilarious – extremely amusing.
17. Sentiment – a view or opinion that is held or expressed.
18. Lollipop – a large, flat, rounded boiled sweet on the end of a stick.
19. Extravaganza – an elaborate and spectacular entertainment or production.
20. Banana – a long curved fruit which grows in clusters and has soft pulpy flesh and yellow skin when ripe.
21. Bumblebee – a large hairy social bee which flies with a loud hum, living in small colonies in holes underground.
22. Cosmopolitan – including people from many different countries.
23. Paradox – a seemingly absurd or contradictory statement or proposition which when investigated may prove to be well-founded or true.
24. Whoops – expressing mild dismay or regret.
25. Umbrella – a device consisting of a circular canopy of cloth on a folding metal frame supported by a central rod, used as protection against rain.
26. Gazebo – a small building, especially one in the garden of a house, that gives a wide view of the surrounding area.
27. Galaxy – a system of millions or billions of stars, together with gas and dust, held together by gravitational attraction.
28. Lullaby – a quiet, gentle song sung to send a child to sleep.
29. Freedom – the power or right to act, speak or think as one wants.
30. Hodgepodge – a confused mixture; a hotchpotch.
It’s really nice to see so many possitive words in the list. And interestingly “mother” is the only word in the list that describe a direct relationship between people.
You might be familiar with some of these words while some might be new to you, but these words are really beautiful and powerful enough to drag your attention.
What is your favourite word in English langugae? Please do let us know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!
READ NEXT: TOP 8 INDIAN MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS